Publisher Website: Top Cow

Writer: Ron Marz
    Pencils: Kenneth Rocafort
    Inks: Kenneth Rocafort
    Colors: Sunny Gho of IFS
    Number of pages: 32
    Price: 3.99
    Color: Color
    Safety Content Label: PARENTAL ADVISORY - 15 years and older. Similiar to T+ but featuring more mature themes and/or more graphic imagery.

Publishers Blurb:
    The Pilot Season Winner is Back!
    Carin Taylor is the fastest woman in the world. At least, she'd better be if she wants to save her own life and the lives of her Cyberforce teammates. When a former Cyberdata scientist -- and test subject -- seeks revenge against the members of Cyberforce, only Velocity can save her friends before the clock literally runs out. Bringing together writer Ron Marz (Witchblade, Angelus) and artist Kenneth Rocafort (Cyberforce/Hunter-Killer) for the first time. Featuring two covers by Rocafort and Chriscross (Captain Marvel).

Reviewer Comments:
    I'm already a huge fan on Kenneth Rocafort so it's no surprise to me that I think I would buy this comic even if it had no dialogue or narration, just Rocaforts art. That's how good I think this book looks. The characters are so well designed and stylized that you know them before you know anything about them. The panels are full of motion and dynamics and the world in the background is beautiful and terrifying at the same time. It's all just uber-interesting to look at.

However, add to that a story by Ron Marz that hits all the right first issue notes in a unique way and you got a comic that is must read in my book. Velocity is an interesting character that I want to know more about and shes got a big bad guy that I want to see what happens with. Its got a great tone, interesting characters, and eye candy art....What more do you need for a great start of a new mini-series?

-Nate
    Attached Thumbnails VLv2001_interiors_stamped_pg01.jpg   VLv2001_interiors_stamped_pg02-03.jpg   VLv2001_interiors_stamped_pg04.jpg   VLv2001_interiors_stamped_pg05.jpg   VLv2001_COVA_stamped.jpg  

2. BrandonBarrows Guest

I reviewed this for another site, and I agree. It was pretty good. I'm not a Cyberforce fan, but Ron Marz is a great writer and the art was pretty nice. It reminds me of a scratchier version of Roland Boschi's art, which I love.
    Last edited by BrandonBarrows; Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 01:52 PM.